Recent Posts

infinity

Plastic Knights

Hail random visitors and dedicated followers!
Today I'm sharing some more work on Arcadia Quest and together with some of my Super Dungeon remnants.

Let's start with AQ!


First, Chaz, the death knight. I totally loved how this turned out. It was so easy to paint yet the result is one of the most imposing of my collection. I decided to not add any light effects on the sword to keep the focus on the amazing design patterns on the armor. I'm totally putting him in my guild on my next game.
Would kill family for a hairspray can. Maybe he already did...
Next for Sonja... I really like this sculpt, however i still think CMON messed badly with her scale. She looks like a hobbit warrior compared to the others. It's good that therer ar not many halfling warrioress minis that good looking, so it might still find her place in a roleplaying session.

By the way the full red desing was not inspired on Red Sonja like you would expect, but instead on Red Monika, from one of my favourite Madureira comics: Battlechasers.

Hottest halfling in the land. 
Next Viktor. This was kept simple using dirty colors to keep the gritty look. Using only the saturated violet on the vest to focus the viewer's attention on the center of the miniature.

Right through your sparkling vampire skin!
And last but not least, the Queen of Beggars! I loved this girl since i saw the design concept on the kickstarter. Once i got her, I was amazed at the sculpt yet I was a bit disappointed at the lack of scale as she looks way bigger than the other AQ heroes.

Yet here she is, painted in dirty green and brown colours yet still charming with the red hair and freckles (I was trying to capture the "pixar" feel with her)
If you haven't got a penny, A ha'penny will do...

Detail of her freckles, those were difficult even with my smallest brush.
To finish of with Super Dungeon Explore, I painted Kaelly the Nether Strider. However instead of a drow, decided to go for her hero version paintjob as she will be a playable hero from Forgotten King onwards. Decided to paint her as an elf instead of a drow as i'm still toying with the idea of making a warband game with chibi miniatures and elves are far more represented than drow so far.

She was partly inspired by Heartseeker Vayne with a swapped colour pallete.
Hero Kaelly will pierce your heart!
I will also leave a sneak peak of what you might see next on the blog. This is how the painting table looks right now.

Copper skinned amazons are go!
Oh by the way, the title is a reference to Relius Clover. Can't stop listening to his theme lately.

No comments