Recent Posts

infinity

Brainless violence...

So time for a new painting update.

I had some disappointments with Sodapop miniatures customer service this week... that, and I fell again in love with Arcadia Quest due to a solo mode that really met my expectations. I'm currently soloing the "Beyond the Grave" campaign, and I'm finding it pretty fun. It's not like the usual free for all, but more like a puzzley adventure because the time limit makes you think very well your every move.  Also is way faster to set up and play than an Arcade game of SDE. Now I'm really looking forward to the new campaigns the Inferno KS is going to bring.

So all in all it means that my SDE painting is going slower and I'm again working on my pending AQ.

So for today's batch

Just the chibis.

As a fact, I dislike zombies. I find them dumb, dull, and the market is completely oversaturated of zombie miniatures. But I must say Arcadia Quest Zombies are one of the coolest chibi monsters around (sadly can't say the same about SDE).

They were lots of fun to paint and despite the simple color scheme they pop out well in the table. Hoping to field them painted on the next scenario of the campaign.
Mindstabbing! 
Also, Grom and Kanga. I will be lying if I said I did them this week. They sat on my table for ages, I got stuck with them and could not bring myself to finish them, and once I decided i was not going to invest more time in them I tossed them on the box with so much hatred I didn't even bother to take a photo. So today I'm taking them out just for the sake of completion. They suck big time. But it's their fault, I swear.


Also, Dorasure!! You can never go wrong with Dorasure's lovely minis. This week I managed to finish the Samurai (from SS expansion) and the Prince from the base game (the most overpowered character in the game by far (XD)).

A fireball? My servant will take it for me, thanks...
Went with turquoise and violet for the prince as I already had many blue characters and wanted to stick to medieval nobility associated color schemes. Green/Gold works well too.

For the Samurai I wanted to give her a bit of a japanese miko appearance, so white and red were kept as the main colors with gold details. For hair I went for violet as is usually associated in manga to the classical "Yamato" japanese beauty. While i'm not 100% satisfied with her, I think I got pretty close to target regarding the syle I wanted to give her.
Back shot!
So, for closings,  this is the state of the painting table right now. Working on the SDE Trolls, Kobold drakes, AQ necromancers and the thief heroes from AQ. Ah, and the last Dorasure mini, the GrandMaster.


No comments