Recent Posts

infinity

Night of the Riots

I've been a Nomad players since pretty much N1. Before sectorials where even a thing and we got tiny robots and cool toys for our models. There is something about the Nomad nation that just appeal to me. They are a bunch of ragtags and pirates and anarchists, but they still find enough common ground to fight together for a common cause. 

The Bakunin Riot Grrrls and the Corregidor Jaguars really are the units that most give me that feel. We have this bunch of motherf***ers here on our spaceship giving us hell, so why don't give them a frigging missile launcher and point them at our enemies? 


While the Jaguars are a bunch of unruly band high on nitrocaine the Riot Grrrls just bring up the punch with all their firepower and heavy power armor.



While the Moira's look childish and kinda innocent, the faces of the RiotGrrrls look rough and determined. They look like they are fed up with everyone in the universe and I love that!


While I've seen some Riots painted with random colors, I wanted to maintain the idea that their armor is military grade. I imagine they would like to serve as an example to other little girls, so their visual imagery would be important for them.

We're not taking shit from anyone!
After I finished the unit, I noticed I had not done any black or brown skin girl on this unit despite  usually doing that in Corregidor troops. I guess I was pretty burned after painting Lunah and Gata. To be fair I'm still not proficient on painting black skin. I surely need to practice more, specially on the ladies.


That's some sexy power armor.


I have also been messing around trying to do some chrome effects on an old Zero I wanted to repaint. I got a ton of really nice comments and insight from the guys at WGC Infinity facebook group, that helped me tweak small things here and there. The base was left unfinished as I'm planning to transition all my nomad bases to the new necromunda bases I started using for Aristeia that I feel give an awesome spaceship look.






No comments