Recent Posts

infinity

The good, the mad and the artichoke

If you ever played against my nomads you might notice that I often have more Crazy Koalas than actual miniatures on my lists. For that reason, I need a pretty hefty amount of cute little critters that I can use as koalas and easily identify who they belong to.

Since the Dire Foes with the Mad Traps came out almost a year ago i've been eyeing those little lamb guys. I was expecting a new Kanren mini to come with them so I could just buy the blister and sell the Kanren (I don't play Yujing...yet). However I managed to snag a chance to buy the dire foes spec ops with the little guys last week, and they just went straight to the high priority painting list.

Mad Traps!
As this were for my Taskmaster, who sports bakunin white-orange, the color scheme was mostly similar to official Corvus Belly paint scheme. I also based them on the new Necromunda bases which by the way are awesome for Nomad spaceships.

After a pretty successful tournament run, I decided to give a new layer of paint to my poor forgotten hero Pi-well. I own this little fella since the first edition, and to be fair I haven't played it in N3 half as much as I did back then mostly due to experimenting with other newer things.

Pi-well - A Stempler remote in a package of awesome with ODD sauce  
By the way, if you are one of those guys who think you can never improve your painting, think again.
This is how my Zoe and Pi-well looked back then.


And this is how they look now.


Yes, the Zoe miniature was upgraded into an Aleph Dactylos, but to be fair, the old one was so horrible no amount of paint would save her.

By the way, artichoke painting was put on standby for the moment to prioritize the Nomads, but I still managed to finish a Makaul and a Clipsos. I still might go back to the Clipsos as I'm still not completely satisfied with her cloak, but right now she is good enough to hit the table.

Makaul and Clipsos

Right now I'm halfway through my new monster project: the new Szalamandra TAG.
Still a lot of work to do, but I hope to finish him this week.

Szalamandra WIP

On a finishing note, lately I'm messing a bit with the blog design, so you might see some changes around during the next weeks. Forgive the inconveniences that might cause. I also plan to add a list of friendly blogs from fellow painters and players that you can check for more inspiration. You can find them out on the side bar. Go check them out!


No comments