Recent Posts

infinity

Szally and Neema's high trip into Bakunin


This last weeks I've got my hands full with a big project. Literally so big I could hardly lift it while painting it.
The new Nomad Szalamandra is done and I'm super proud of how it turned out despite the photos sucking so much as usual (Oh by the way, I bought a lightbox, it should be on it's way now!).

This time I decided on the color scheme by using photoshop on the original corvus belli concepts. I removed the original color, and scribbled some new paint on him. This was the result.


With the color scheme on the screen for reference, painting started and took roughly a week. It was really fun though and a great challenge. Hand painting some of the logos was hard because the miniature is so heavy I couldn't hold it steady in position while detailing, and the support I have is too small for her.

I particularly enjoyed painting the source lightning from the ground lamps and the danger stripes on his backpack.

Szalamandra squadron

In the end it still turned out quite nice, and promptly accompanied me to my subsequent tournament where she performed far beyond my expectations. Here is a full turnaround of this beauty!






As a veteran nomad player, I'm always been a great fan of the Morlock blue girl aesthetic, so when Corvus previewed the new Morlock suicide squad cameo box I knew I had to get my hands on the old box before it went out discontinued. 

I forgot my classic blue Morlock girl in a tournament last week (gladly recovered by fellow bromad Serxx, thank you!) so I decided to paint the newer one as a replacement for my upcoming 200pt tournament. As I was also going to run a Moderators fireteam for my first time ever, I decided to paint her together with good ol' Yondu spitfire. 

Yondu and Morlock girl





The new Neema spitfire was the miniature that sold me on starting a Tohaa army. Now painted in my Sygmaa color scheme she looks pretty badass. I hope I can get enough Tohaa painted to start fielding them someway down this year.


Neema Satar - Sygmaa badass version





For desserts I painted the Riot Grrls Tinbot. He's simply adorable.


No comments