Recent Posts

infinity

Doomseekers

Already halfway through my copy of Silver Tower. This week i finished some of the monsters, completed the Horror set and tried some new things on the Fyreslayer Doomseeker and the Excelsior Warpriest.


The Excelsior Warpriest was a new go at painting black skin, trying to consolidate the things I learned while painting the Kairic Acolytes. I decided to give him very dull colors on the robes so the purple used on the cape would stand out as the main color point on the mini.

Excelsior Warpriest

Excelsior Warpriest

Detail of the face
The Fyreslayer Doomseeker was a ton of fun to paint. I had looked for several references on the internet before setting on a color scheme and 2 themes catched my attention. The firs one was making him look like a fire golem, and the second one was a bluish armor that reminded me of ancient artifacts and the guardians on Breath of the Wild.

Fyreslayer Doomseeker

I decided to combine both ideas on the mini and the result turned out pretty well.

Fyreslayer Doomseeker

It was difficult to chose the robe colors as I didn't want them to take the focus from the rest of the color scheme so I went with some dull green colors that wouldn't catch much the attention of the viewer but look nice enough and contrast with the overall reddish fire theme.

Fyreslayer Doomseeker

Fyreslayer Doomseeker
The grots where done. Not much to say. Just wanted to get rid of them. I just hate the idea of Tzeentch using night goblins overall. So it was pretty much base colors and some highlights to bring them to tabletop standards.

Grots

The horrors on the other hand where pretty fun to paint with a series of colors I don't usually use. Making blue fire was interesting for a change.

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

Now all the horrors are done and they look awesome and fearsome when put together!

Horrors of Tzeentch


No comments