Recent Posts

infinity

Sir Knauf and his merry fellows


Hi everyone! New update here. You might have noticed I gave an overall revamp to the blog visuals so I hope now is more user friendly and easy to navigate.

So, the last weeks I've been trying to step away from the nomad projects to tackle some new things. For some days I was toying around with the idea of bringing a StarCo list for the next tournament so I got my hands on the Knauf mini that came with the limited edition of the Outrage manga and set him for a paint ride.

Knauf, Outlaw Sniper
There is a recurring joke in my playing group that Knauf is based in one of the players of our group, SirNando, (wich by the way also has a very impressive painting blog you should totally check). So I wanted to make the character justice, and tried to make the mini look as close as possible to him.

A.K.A SirNando

Knauf, rear view

Later that week thoug, another of our fellow Barcelona players, Ourobros, who is a dedicated Haqq commander, wondered on the forum where had the Haqq players gone as aside from him and SinNando there is very little Haqqislam presence on the tournaments lately. 

That kinda triggered me as Haqqislam used to be my second faction back in the days from N1, and I had a ton of miniatures I collected since then that were primed but hadn't seem an inch or paint or even got close to the playing field. So decided on changing that I prepared a 300 points Haqq list for this saturday game, trying to field the many new units that didn't exist back then so I could try them and get a feeling for them. 

Al Hawwa hacker

The Al-Hawwa was the first one, because If for chance I decided to play StarCo later on, I would need one anyways, so that was killing two birds with one paintjob.

The traditional colors of my Haqq force are camo green, ceramic khaqi and dark red accents. The dark red will make the model sit confortably next to my nomads when he goes to StarCo so I decided to maximize the red areas of the plate and use a redder tone of brown on his trousers to unify the overall pallete. The crazy violet hair is such a trademark of this unit and would fit well with the nomads bizzarre anime hair colors, so nothing was changed there.

Al Hawwa, rear view

Next I painted a Ghazzi. I wasn't yet set for my final list but I was sure that it would most certainly have a Ghazi or two somewhere, so painting some would never be out of place.

Ghazi Muttawi'ah

Ghazi Muttawi'ah, rear view

The last one was the Zhayedan. This was done after deciding on my final lists for the tournament. So he got prioritized because he had a spot on one of them. For the trenchcoat I used a similar color scheme I used on the Tohaa trenchcoats that I particularly liked. A dark reddish brown reminiscent of WW2 pilot gear, and overall I'm pretty sattisfied with the results.

Zhayedan

Zhayedan, side view

Zhayedan, side view

Zhayedan, Rear view

The next photos are from some pieces of terrain I have been painting before tackling the Haqqislam force that I wanted to use as objective pieces. The first one is a crash coffin and the second, a chem's tank from the starship scenery pack from Mantic's Star Saga. Very nice pieces I must say. The Star Saga terrain set is particularly nice for infinity as it brings several things that can be used as panoplies.

Crash coffin, from Micro Art Studio

Crash Coffin, side vie

Starship Scenery from Mantic Games

1 comment:

  1. That Zhayedan is totally top-notch. Well-done!

    ReplyDelete