Recent Posts

infinity

Lawful good, lawful neutral, lawful evil...

It's good to have a little holiday once in a while so you can put your paintings up to date, isn't it?

Lawful good, lawful neutral, lawful evil... not necessarily in that order.
I've managed to finish my Twilight Knight. This mini was so cute >.<, pity it still does no justice to the original art.

My Twilight Knight came with her sword slightly bent upwards, but when I saw it I kinda liked the result, so instead of correcting it with hot water, I bent it even further.

For colors, originally I was going for the same white hair as the art, but lately I've been playing Borderlands a lot again, so I decided to go for Athena's look with violet hair under the hoodie. Wish i had an Aspis shield to give her...

Athena, the Twilight Knight
For the lights I went with the lantern and the sword as light sources with a bright orange/yellow that contrasts well with the overall dark colors.

"Athena out!"

The dread king has been sitting on my painting table since July, almost done, but never actually finished. Through his eyes he's seen almost all Forgotten King being painted, so his soul is full of resent (XD). Anyways, when I started this i was playing Guild Wars 2 so i couldn't help myself to think of him as a skeletal version of King Adelbern. So I decided for whit ghostly colors instead of the green seen on the original art. I also decided to go for a magical sword to add some color source to the mini, as it was looking rather bland.

Dread Knight



For Ser Snapjaw I wanted to use a neutral color scheme that allowed me to use him both as a hero and as a villain yet still not looking out of place within my current kobolds. If you  have seen the previous kobold posts you might have notice that all my kobold spawnpoints share purple as a unifying tone between them, as well as the dark red from their skin. As Snapjaw has very little skin exposure, I decided to maximize the purple, on the robes, cape and sword.
Ser Snapjaw, the Kobold Exemplar
 For the armor I went for a dark metal, so it looks imposing, and golden/brass details for the shield and the helmet to pop out. Overall i'm pretty satisfied with the result. I could do some markings on the helmet, but nothing pops my head right now, so i'll leave that for a later time.
Detail of the shield
Rear-shot

No comments