Recent Posts

infinity

Bring out the big guns


More Haqq troops incoming, and also some nomad remote conversions for today. The week has been mostly assembling the new Haqqislam reinforcements I bought for the last tournament and painting some of the Haqq units I had already primed that were laying around in my multiple foam bags. So let's get to this week's haul.

Starting with the lovely lovely Bashi Bazouk miniature. When I searched for Bashi Bazouk on the internet I found some photos from the original turkish units that inspired this troop. One of the things that caught my eye was how colorful they were and how their uniforms spoke of their own culture so I tried to reproduce that in my Bazouk by using some colorful blue hues and designing a simple pattern to decorate his robes.

Bashi Bazouk

Bashi Bazouk

Bashi Bazouk
As I was playing last week I noticed I had no Fiday miniature so I decided to buy Al-Djabel to be my Fiday. However the weather has been horrible lately and doesn't look like I'm getting a chance to prime it any time soon, so in the meanwhile I decided to paint Yasbir to stand in as a Fiday.

Husam Yasbir
I didn't particularly like this miniature. The pose is cool but is one of those models where the details aren't as crisp as some of the newer ones. Yet, I managed to make it come up together pretty nicely in the end. I particularly like how the sword turned out as close combat weapons are always my weakspot.

Husam Yasbir

Husam Yasbir
Getting to the big guys I was faced with a problem. When I started infinity, the Azrail was a tiny guy but his armor was easily distinguishable to me. Now I came back to find the Azrail where bigger, but also had brought a fellow S5 miniature called Ahl-Fassed. Now I had a problem, I had 3 miniatures laying around primed in black and I could not know for the sake of me which one was which.

So I decided that in order to make my life and my opponents easier on the battlefield I would paint them in very distinct color schemes. I looked at their background for inspiration and I saw that the Fasid are mercenary warriors with questionable backgrounds, even being nicknamed "Corrupted".

Al Fasid
I decided that based on that they would probably not considered worthy of wearing the green of most haqqislam troops, so instead gave them a brown armor with just some green points for army identification purposes. I also painted some orange stripes to identify them with the Ramah task force sectorial where they belong.

Al Fasid
The Azrail on the other hand are a force destined to show of force operations. They had to tell the enemy, "I'm a Haqqislam trooper and I'm going to kick your ass". They want their enemies to know who they are and what it means to mess with them. For that I gave them the overall green armor treatment with some patches of their secondary ceramic colors. To make it pop, the shoulder pads where painted in the dark red I use for contrasts.

Azrail

Azrail

Azrail

Here are some groupshots of the team.




This week I also assembled my Salyut and Lunokhods. However I never ever field total reaction Salyuts and find the Lunokhod mini too similar to the sputnik so tinkering with both kits I came up with this: a new Reaktion Zond (My zonds are assembled as a Stempler and Vertigo) and a new Sputnik Lunokhod design made with the salvaged pieces.



I'm really looking forward to paint these.




No comments